Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday Treats: Fiesta-Worthy

For some reason, I really love Cinco de Mayo. I think it's because I equate it with summer-- sitting on a patio somewhere with friends, sipping margaritas and dipping into fresh salsa in the sunny weather. Sounds like a dream.
It also makes me want to order some cheese dip right now.
Last year, bad beach weather literally put a damper on my Cinco de Mayo plans. So I'm pretty pumped to be traveling to Memphis for a music festival this weekend where the forecast is calling for sunny skies, which means I may just get to sip that margarita on a patio after all.
Despite the fact that I'm not throwing my own fiesta, here are a few little tips to take with you whatever your Cinco de Mayo plans may be!
  • While I love a reason to celebrate a holiday, I don't love undoing all the work I've done during the week at the gym and making healthy choices in the kitchen. These are a few great tips on not breaking the calorie bank while you're getting your fiesta on-- or just leaving extra room for cheese dip and margaritas!
  • Speaking of cheese dip, if you're staying in to celebrate, this recipe for queso blanco upstood my critical Mexican cheese dip taste buds when we gave it a whirl.
  • What would Cinco de Mayo be without a margarita? Yeah, I'm not sure either. Which is why I hope to try at least one of these four flavored skinny margarita recipes featured here.
  • And of course, what to wear, what to wear? I've linked to this dress I'm dying over before, but it seems pretty perfect for a Mexican-inspired fete. Or, this cute cotton frock (for quite the steal) is fiesta-worthy, tool. Whatever it may be, finish it all off with a coat of OPI's Strawberry Margarita.
What else do you do to celebrate a casual Cinco de Mayo on the fly?
Daily gratitude: New beginnings and reasons to celebrate.
xoxo

1 comments:

Whitney said...

I stinking love Cinco de Mayo. My dilemma is ALWAYS whether I want to celebrate the Derby or CdM. Floppy hat or sombrero!?!

One of my fav weekends each year!

There was an error in this gadget
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates