Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Crafty Hands: Freshen Up for Fall

If you follow me on Pinterest, you'll notice that my Crafty Hands board is one of my faves. I love art and making and doing and flexing the creative muscle in interesting ways, so DIY projects, when the time is right, are some of my favorite past times.
In fact, have y'all seen where I get extra crafty in front of the camera for VIE's Home and Garden issue here? We were lucky enough to shoot a whole feature on simple crafts to update your home in Seaside's town founders' beautiful abode. You can also see a behind-the-scenes video of the entire shoot here, brought to you by the awesome guys who produce VIEtv, if you're really curious.
Ever since the shoot, home projects have been on the brain and I promised myself I'd keep an eye out for a few new ones to try to refresh the home for Fall. Well, I know you're all waiting with baited breath at this point so, drum roll please, I've made my selection.

Crafty Hands for Fall:
1. A new backdrop for the vision and inspiration board.
2. A cotton wreath hung with burlap for the front porch. It's cotton and I'm from Mississippi, mkay?
3. New stenciled napkins, though I'm not sure what the words will say.(Shh... I may or may not be testing these for Christmas gifts.)
4. The most precious single flower vases for table arrangements, perfect for little pops of color as the temperatures chill... and for a sweet friend's baby shower on the agenda!
5. Lastly, I'm trying my hand at some hand drawn notecards using this sketch as inspiration. I think I'm beginning to like the outcome.
So that's what's taking up a bit of my spare time. How about yourself?
Happy Wednesday—you're almost there!
xoxo
{First photo by Romona Robbins for VIE magazine.}

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates