Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy {One More Summer} Weekend

Friday.
Did you exhale when you just read that? I did when I typed it. Don't be fooled- I love my job, it's exhilierating, it's creative chaos, and it's exactly why I love waking up each week day.
But Friday and I have been best friends for a long, long time. We're tight. Friday would be so upset if I wasn't excited to see it every week. Luckily, I am.
Although this Friday I greet with a little more hesitancy than most. Because it's the last Summer Friday.
Given, beach life ensures a summer feel to almost every day despite seasons or temperatures. But today unofficially marks the last weekend of summer as fall ushers itself in. And as a summer girl, albeit excited for the new fall fashions and football season, I can't help but be a little nostalgic towards my long days of summer already.
So this weekend is hereby proclaimed "The Last Days of Summer". Go ahead, take part. Wear your white sundress. Eat your last snow cone. Drink a daiquiri. Lay out. Go barefoot. Sport coral polish. Listen to Jimmy Buffet. Do summer, one more time. I'm going to, along with some friends arriving in a few hours for a weekend visit.
So Happy Last Summer Weekend, little lovelies, and Happy Labor Day. Have fun, be careful, and be grateful.
xoxo

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates