Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Mantra

I don't really think of myself as a simple type of girl. I love options. I love big ideas, big statements, and a big impact. But I really appreciate simplicity. The beauty in something so simple and delicate. The impact of something so simple it's momentous. Simplicity is somewhat of a lost desire, but I was reminded of the virtue of it when I stumbled across a quote from my favorite fictional character last week:
I'm a beauty chaser, always trying to make life a little prettier and pleasant. And the things around me I often notice with awe are the tiniest of details, the simplest sources of loveliness. So I'm going to try to remember to simplify myself in life—in style, in finances, in desires and wants. Be put together and pretty in simplicity. To spend even less to simplify the budget. To want less to simplify desires. To build a lovelier life around 'less is more,' and see what new contentment the outcome produces.
How simply do you build your life and the beautiful things around you?
Happy Monday! 
xoxo

1 comments:

Morgan Bares said...

Beautiful post-- just a wonderful, yet simple message!!
Love your blog

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates