That's right—I'm throwing the pooch in the back seat and setting sail through the South to head back to good 'ole Mississippi for a long weekend away. Summer on the seaside is thrilling, filled with a certain excitement that keeps you going long past the sunset. Which is the precise reason I am longing for a little R&R, from work and play, on the front porch of my childhood home, drinking a glass of wine at dusk with the magnolia tree shielding us slightly from the sun and, if I know my mom, some James Taylor on the sound system.
Sounds like a dream.
I hope you're looking forward to your weekend plans as much as I am, but a few Friday Finds to help you on your way:
- For all you jewelry fanatics—I literally gasped when I found these earrings. It's like stealing!
- Breakfast is my favorite meal, and this is one thing I'm looking forward to trying to talk Mom into making this weekend for old times sake.
- A little shopping is on the agenda for the weekend, as I'll be looking for these staples I wrote about previously, but I'll also be scouring antique shops for a vintage cake stand after seeing how cute they are used in the home here and here.
- Who needs a reason for new luggage? Because I'm going absolutely bananas over this brand.
- Alert alert! Today makes the start of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Bye bye bank account, and be still, my heart, over this fabulous find.
Happy Friday lovelies!