Sunday, December 25, 2011

Reasons

That's right, here I am. Finally.
First and foremost, Merry Christmas, you beautiful people. 
 "Today your Savior is born in the city of David. He is Christ the Lord!"
Luke 2:11 
So thankful for His birth and the blessings He has bestowed on my life, family, and uh, all of mankind. This holiday season snuck up on me, to say the least, as a whirl of work, travel, and holidays parties descended. But it's not too late to wish a lovely Christmas to you and yours, from Ainsley (and Camp!).

As you've noticed, I've been in and out writing here this month. And there's a reason for that. Time was fleeting. With priorities devoted to the career I'm so fantastically inspired by, responsibilities that ensure my well-being, and cultivating and nurturing the relationships that keep me whole, daily hours began to dwindle like has never happened before. Because of this, I wrestled with the decision of whether or not stop writing on From Ainsley, with love at all, because in my mind, if I couldn't post fabulous inspirational original content daily, then I was a bad blogger. Because committing myself fully to a career, a social life, and taking care of myself and my responsibilities seemed to be filling up my hours, and if I had half an hour to blog clearly I should be doing something else. Right? But on my long ride from Florida to Mississippi just the other day, it dawned on me.

Lately, I've felt a little out of sorts. I've had a bit of a difficult time conjuring up the creative juices or focusing all the way through execution on many things during my daily schedule, blaming it on writers block or being stressed all along the way. I am me and and all I can be is the best version of that. But how to, exactly?

Then I was reminded of something I've always known, but lately forgotten: when I don't pour out the ideas and inspirations that fill my head daily, I block up. Writer's block, thinker's block, creative block. Having nothing similar to a filing cabinet system in my mind (but wouldn't that be lovely?), if the ideas/thoughts don't come out, they become impacted and I can't sort through them. That's why I originally started this little ole 'site, as a gathering ground for thoughts so I can think clearly, creatively, and uniquely throughout my day. Cue conscious: Ainsley, you owe it to yourself to write freely.

I'm sharing this with you, you wonderful readers who have stuck it out with me, because I don't think I'm a bad blogger anymore. I'm just a busy girl trying to navigate the confusing, challenging, often awkward post-grad years that Miss Ashlyn compared ever-so-accurately as the junior high years of adulthood (amen sister) with as much grace and success as possible. When we're making time for something we love, that reflects on all facets of our lives: our attitudes, our careers, our relationships, our outlook on life. So here I am, challenging myself to manage my time more efficiently (hello, New Years resolution), and share with you quality inspirations, thoughts, and original content the best that I can, as often as I can while still paying due diligence to the most important priorities in my life. Although it may not be daily, I hope you'll stick around for the upcoming year- it may get a bit personal, if that's alright. I just absolutely know I'm going to adore 2012. So follow your girl Ainsley right this minute and embark on 2012 avec moi

PS: If I'm MIA for a few days at a time, you can typically find me livin' it up on VIE's site (where I also blog), Facebook page, or Twitter. Or, as always follow me on Twitter --->.

Merry Christmas, dears!
xoxo

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates