Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Mantra + More



Sometimes, when I'm feeling a little lost or undefined, I pop in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I'm not sure why, but Holly's undeniably cheery attitude and frivolous antics always leave me a little more secure. Girl was a confused little chick on lots of things life, but she had one thing dead on: she was the master of reinvention. 

I say that in the most positive way possible. I don't support not being the you you were designed by Him to be. But sometimes, let's be honest, things about us that are innately" us" get us down. 
Bad habits. Skeletons in the closet. Low self-confidence. Body image issues. We're all guilty- even the most self-assured of us can admit this. There's a lot of pressure on us girls today to be pretty, smart, graceful, and domestic, yet independent, career-driven power-houses. So what happens when you're just not?
Well, you can be. You just decide to be, and be it. Decide that you are, and you are. As I often say, (and you've heard me say it alot), you fake it 'til you make it. In a genuine way, of course, because underneath it all, we're simply striving to be who we want to be, who we know in our hearts that we are.  Just remember this: "I will hold myself to a standard of grace, not perfection."
You shouldn't be perfect. But you should be absolutely true to who you want to be, through only His expectations of you.
Happy Monday!
xoxo
(1, 2, 3, )

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates