Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Inspired By: M Loves M

I was browsing through some of my daily reads today and stumbled across this outfit post on M Loves M that I happened to miss:
 I'm a big fan of the adorable Mara, as she documents her life as a new wife on her blog. She's cute, creative, and has a knack for making what's old new again. I find lots of fun and functional ideas in her outfit posts, and this one above literally stopped me in my mouse-scrolling tracks.

Hello Audrey Hepburn meets bombshell. The classy meets sexy look is hard to pull off equally (obviously making it my favorite combo). Don't you love the demure jacket and chiffon shirt coupled with the metallic gladiator heels and siren-red lips? Because I do. So much, in fact, that I went on a little internet binge to see how I could add a similar look for fall to my closet. Behold:
 ASOS striped collarless jacket for a taste of Audrey
 J.Crew silk Lucinda blouse in 'spicy gold' for a pop of color
High-waist capri for a retro feel.



A few necklaces piled on for bedazzle via here
Some seriously show-stopping shoes
and last but not least, the Ray Ban Jackie Ohh glasses for the icing on the cake

Voila. Thanks, Mara, for the outfit inspiration!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh Ainsley! You are so sweet! Thank you thank you for this :) xox

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates