Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Cocktail

Ay yi yi, who's ready for a margarita? Me too. In which case, this skinny margarita recipe is my favorite. I had my first skinny 'rita last summer at the beach, and instantly thought, "Um, hello, where have you been all of my (adult) life?". So simple, so easy, it's not only refreshing and probably a third of the calories of the regular option, but very difficult to mess up for those of us who are less adept in the kitchen/behind the bar.

What you need:
2 ounces clear tequila
splash fresh lime juice
splash Cointreau liqueur or Grand Marnier or triple sec
ice
salt (and lots of it, the rock kind, but if you're not into that then: A. we can't be friends and B. see option below)
sugar (option B)
lime wedge

What you do:
1. Rub lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip the edge into the salt (ok, or sugar).
2. Put a few cubes of ice in your glass.
3. Combine ingredients over ice.
4. Garnish with your lime wedge, just so it's pretty and festive.


  • Or, you could always get your directions from little Miss Bethenny Frankel here


  • Honestly, I'll probably be sitting around a large table binging on chips, salsa, and the ridiculously unhealthy margarita type at a Mexican dive with all my friends, seeing as this is our last week together. But that's another topic for another day. So do as I say and not as I do. Happy Cinco de Mayo- Enjoy!
  • 2 comments:

    Cassie said...

    I would try your/B's recipe tonight but I will be sitting at a Mexican restaurant drinking the high-calorie kind as well.

    Happy Cinco de Mayo girl!

    Sincerely,
    A new follower :)

    mary-kathryn herrington said...

    doubt those taco shop margs were low cal... but yummy all the same! happy last week of school!

     
    Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates