Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Happenstance

Around 8 a.m. this morning, Monday started.

After a weekend filled with friends, fun, sun and football, lack of sleep and even more lack of hours in the day made me virtually incapable of rolling out of my cloud-like bed and made hitting the snooze on my iPhone easier and easier every fifteen minutes (yep, I'm one of those set-five-alarms-to-ensure-waking-up types.)


So, I see the sun filtering through my white curtains (and think to myself I have got to get some blackout shades) and decide that the scent of coffee downstairs is just enough to get this girl out of the bed and into productivity. Groggily, rubbing my eyes, I stumble across my room towards the door, but not before hitting play on my iTunes for some early morning jams.

Coffee in tow, I climb back up the amazingly-steep-at-that-hour hardwood stairs of our home. And then, I notice the song playing from my computer down the hall. Pardon, blaring from my computer. Cue happenstance.
" I see skies of blue, clouds of white, bright blessed days, dark sacred nights. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world"
Ensue good mood. Press play for a good day. The oldies have done it again, chalk another one up to optimism.
Hope your Monday is off to a fabulous start!

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates