Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New News

For the past, oh, year, I've been super stressed about my future and career. I've been stuck in a limbo of making choices based on doing what I love, doing what I'm good at, and doing something secure. The catch-22 in this situation is that its very hard to find something that embodies all three. Like, what? There aren't tons of jobs out there that deal with design, planning, and creativity that I also happen to be really good at and will make enough money to keep me secure and safe and are currently hiring a 22 entry-level extraordinaire? Really?
Um, wake up Ainsley.
So, I put all my options on the table, made a few different pro/con lists ( I don't really understand the full concept of those lists, considering the outcome is up to you- but I did them anyway), talked to some of the people I trust the most, and made a decision (more on that another day).
And today, my dear, sweet, angel of a friend Mary Catherine sent me a quote that put all my worries, anxieties, and stress about Ainsley of the future to rest.
"I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as making a 'life'."
                                                           -Maya Angelou
So it turns out I don't have to lose me to a career. Good news.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates