Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday Mantra + Roots

Honey, I'm home.
Time to put the work pants on again and get rid of the vacation brain.
What a hard thing to do after such a perfect Thanksgiving week. I packed up my Tory Burch weekender on Wednesday and sped to Mississippi as fast as my little car would take me. Why the urgency, I'm not sure. But I knew I needed to be there. These people waited:
The family at Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State, a win for the Rebs!

Is there anything like going home? For me, there's no other feeling like walking in the door to the loud laughter that always seems to emit from our living room. Nothing like my family that is big and loud and sarcastic and funny, or the long dinners with too much food and lots of wine. Nothing like playing Christmas music and decorating an already over-decorated tree, or crowding in the kitchen to watch mom cook. Of sharing late night snacks and early morning coffee, and plotting pranks and surprises together and alike. And despite the chaos or uncertainty of any given date, its these tiny little moments that can bring a smile to my face and a warmth to my heart when life is a little bit cold. 

If I've said it once, I've said it one thousand times—I get really caught up in life. So caught up, in fact, in the excitement or events of any given day, in pushing and striving and getting to where I'm going and who I want to be, that I'm guilty of forgetting what's here right now. But my roots, they are strong. Roots deeply planted in family, love, traditions, and values. And just when life begins to blur by again, He has this funny way of saying, Newsflash little girl, you've got yourself a lot to be thankful for. Now slow down and let me remind you. Which is why when I stumbled across this little gem this morning, I knew this week's mantra had nothing to do with the recent Thanksgiving holiday and everything to do with making a habit to offer up thanksgiving daily.
A big thanks to the family for keeping this fast-moving little girl firmly rooted.
Happy Monday!
xoxo

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates