Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The All-American Summer

Today is May the 2nd. And today is also a very important day.
That's right ladies (and gents?). VIE's All-American Summer issue (May/June) has hit the streets. I love this issue so. very. much. For those of you not in the magazine world, it really is a sight to see when bringing a magazine to life. From the initial conception of the editorial calendar, plotting articles for the rest of the year, to planning photo shoots, editing copy, and approving spreads, this is tough work. But holding that magazine in my hand, I see and feel the creativity, passion, blood, sweat and tears of an entire staff that loves to make this magazine. And with my lovely friend Lauren on the cover, and a feature story that entailed a twelve hour photo shoot, I think it's safe to say I'm a little emotionally invested in this one.
Want a little sneak peak into said twelve-hour photo shoot? Well then, here ya go:

I'm going to pop a bottle of champagne or something.
Happy Wednesday—we're almost there!
 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates