Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Monday + Caring and Sharing

To begin with, happy Monday lovelies. I hope your long Easter holiday was refreshing and filled with grace and thanks. It was a much needed time at home with family and friends for me, something I don't get to do nearly as much as I'd like. Which brings me to my second item of business.

After a whirlwind of a week last week, I've been feeling a little exhausted/pressed for time/overwhelmed in a few different areas of my life. Is 24 hours really enough each day? But as I read my devotional yesterday, part of it jumped out at me:

"I am always with you, so you have no reason to be afraid. Your fear often manifests itself in excessive planning. Your mind is so accustomed to this pattern of thinking that you are only now becoming aware of how pervasive it is and how much it hinders your intimacy with Me. Repent of this tendency and resist it, whenever you realize you are wandering down this well-worn path. Return to My Presence..."

Um yeah, hit the nail on the head with that one. Me with my to-do lists, my sassy attitude when I get stressed, my "I wish I could but I have to say no because I've just got so much to do" responses. That passage above totally called me and my OCD planning out to the forefront of attention, forcing me to realize that it is a practice of trust in Him to not plan every detail ahead, to not attempt to control my future by making excessive plans. I need only be still and rest in Him, trusting and listening, and things will get done and unfold exactly as they should.
Like, wow.

As if that wasn't enough, I woke up with a text from a friend sharing a quote he heard this morning: 
"Some people live their lives indefinitely preparing to live."

Ok, I got it, I got it. No more excessive planning. No more stressing. Just getting what needs to be done now done, and living in this sweet moment.
Cheesy, but true.
So have a lovely Monday, and I hope you're starting out your week living right this second

PS: we've gained quite a few new followers. Thanks for reading! And rest assure that I go check out each and every one of your blogs as well. Mwah!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

this is definitely a constant struggle for me. thanks for sharing!

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates