Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Deep Down in Dixie Land

This summer, I read a little book called The Help. I'm sure many of you have heard about it, but what you may not know is that's its based right here in Mississippi- Jackson in the 1960's, to be precise. And a good Ole Miss girl is one of its heroines. Now, if you know anything at all about Southern history, you know this was a turbulent time for the Deep South. But good times, bad times, this is my home. The book made me laugh with all its Heart of Dixie references, and I cried like a little girl at the deep relationships, strife, and courage this book is all about.
Well, they've made it a movie (and yes, it was filmed in Mississippi, too).
And last night I watched the first trailer for it. And all over again, got chillbumps and tears in my eyes.
I don't want to spoil it for you, but do yourself a favor, and see for yourself here.



0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates