Thursday, September 23, 2010

Satorialist Chic

The Satorialist is one of my absolute favorite places to browse for real-world style. Let's first note here the difference between fashion and style.


Fashion: "Fashion is the style and custom prevalent at a given time. In its most common usage however, "fashion" describes the popular clothing style."

Style: "expressive style: a way of expressing something that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period"

So in the pursuit of style, I love gaining ideas from the Satorialist, who travels all around the world capturing real world people and their personal styles. A few of my favorites lately:

 But I have to say my favorite look I've stumbled across today is this one.

And I attribute it wholly to the joy on her face. Pardon my cliche when I say, the smile can really make the look.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates