Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Time

I've been thinking a lot lately as I look around and find myself surrounded by graduate school applications and job openings. Thinking a lot about life, and where I am at this point in my life. And the truth is (and its sort of a secret so keep this hush hush) I have no idea where I'm going. I'm not completely lost, because I do know where I am now.
I am surrounded by the most amazing friends and hearts in this entire world. I am part of the most uplifting family, and lucky to have the most encouraging and understanding significant other as part of my team. I am grateful, confident, and secure. I love what I do, and do what I love.
I am, without a doubt, in a very, tragically almost, wonderful place.
And I'm about to leave it. Come May, those tassels will be swinging from that silly, most unattractive cardboard graduation hat. And as sit here underneath the lights from my mother's fabulously glowing Christmas tree, I know what I want to do, but am still sorting out how I can roll them all into one magical career.
To be me, to be fully the person that God above created me to be, I need certain things: style, design, room for creativity, problems to fix, and nurturing people. Now, as a soon to be post-grad, I realize I may be being a bit demanding. But that leads me to another thought:

Now is the time. Because my dreams today will always be, but as they evolve, and as I evolve, there will never be another time exactly like the one I am experiencing now. Now is the time for style and creativity. Now is the time for love and expression. Now is the time for it all. It is the time for youth and dancing, time for friends and time for hurt. It is the time for the smallest of things and the largest of ideas. Time for the music and time for the silence, for the fashion, for the dreams, for wandering. It's time.
 


 

 
And thank you Lord, for this time.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates