Wednesday, November 18, 2009

princess complex

I've always wanted to be a princess. As a child, I wanted to be the real princess: tiara, marry a prince, my own ladies-in-waiting- the whole nine yards. I was the true blue princess wanna-be. But around the age of 7, I realized my long dark hair and olive skin wasn't going to allow me to be the Cinderella I aspired to. After many a try with Snow White and Belle, I decided the princess thing wasn't really for me. So naturally, I moved on to ballerina.
It was here I discovered my true love of all things tulle. ( I have a secret obsession with tu-tus, although my days of wearing them are long gone). The sequins and feathers and beads on my ballet costumes were nice and all, but OH- the TULLE! At the mere age of 8, I was a little girl already becoming picky and demanding about the outfits my ballet teachers made me wear.
Now, at the ripe age of 22, my former princess-wannabe ballerina self has as much impact on my secret obsessions as it did as an 8 year old in the ballet studio 14 years ago (just wait until my wedding day!). Although I no longer want to be a ballerina or a princess (most of the time), I do secretly wish I could lounge around a beautiful setting dressed in loveliness such as these:

 


 

 

 

 
 

 

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates